June 1, 2021
It’s Pride month! Here’s a list of some virtual and in-person events happening statewide.
Editor’s Note: Due to the changing COVID-19 landscape, a lot of events that were scheduled and planned for certain dates, times and locations are changing and updating event details in the coming days and weeks. Please verify on the links provided that an event you’d like to go to is still taking place at the same time in the same location.
- Wheaton Pride and Glen Ellyn Pride 2021, participate in a socially distant event from the comfort of your home throughout June
- Pride Night 2021, Fri. June 4 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Grand Ballroom, 50 E Jefferson St., Joliet, IL
- Waukegan Pride 2021, Sat. June 5 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Nightshade and Darks Pandemonium Brewing Company, 216 W. Clayton St., Waukegan, IL
- Waukegan PrideDrive 2021, Sat. June 5 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at 269 W. Clayton St., Downtown Waukegan
June 11, 12 and 13
- An Evening with Lighthouse: Black Queer Performances, Fri. June 11 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Chicago, IL
- Black Queer Pride Community Barbeque, Sat. June 12 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at 5600 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL
- Black Queer Pride Lighthouse UCC Church Service, Sun., June 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 2335 N. Orchard St., Chicago, IL
- Gospel Drag Brunch, Sun. June 13 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Chicago, IL
- Drag March For Change 2021, Sun. June 13 at 1 p.m. at Belmont and Halsted in Chicago, IL
- Pride Promenade, Sat. June 12 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Sun. June 13 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Woodstock, IL
- Galena Pride Picnic, Sat. June 12 at 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Grant Park in Galena, IL
- Aurora Pride Drive, Sun. June 13 at 5 p.m. at E Benton St., Aurora, IL
- Woodstock PrideFest, Sun. June 13 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Woodstock Square Historic District, Woodstock, IL
June 26 and 27
- Pride in the Park, Sat. June 26 from 1 p.m. to Sun., June 27 at 1 p.m. at Grant Park, 337 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL
- Virtual River City Pride Festival 2021, Sat. June 26 at 1 p.m.
- Wheaton Pride 2021 Pride Drive, Sun. June 27, caravanning in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn
Know of another event taking place this month or new event details? Email Getting to Zero Illinois Communications Co-Chair, Bailey Williams at email@example.com to add your event or update to this list.